Blogger Templates
You are the helper of the fatherless. LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more. Psalms 10:14,17-18

Monday, March 12, 2012

My Answered Prayer

When they placed you in my arms
and I looked into your face,
I felt our hearts melt into one
a miracle took place.

My prayer was finally answered
though delayed, 'twas not denied,
The pain of love unanswered
in a moment's time subsides.

The years I spent in anguish
unable to conceive,
No one could know the heartache
or how my soul did grieve.

God's plan seemed hard to understand
the circle's now complete,
He's placed the heavens in my arms
so precious and so sweet.

He made your eyes from moonbeams
your dew-kissed lips, the rose,
Your heart was filled with sunshine
where your angel's laughter grows.

Though you grew within another
my soul and yours were one,
We united in God's loving heart
 before life had begun.

I've received a priceless treasure
this adopted child I hold,
A gift of love and happiness
a story yet untold.

-Kathie Phillips Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment